https://www.nextdayscience.com/

Purair BIO Class II Type A2 Biosafety Cabinet

Item #: Purair Bio
Manufacturer: Air Science
from: $9900.00 sale: $7920.00
Quantity unavailable. Try selecting a smaller quantity.

Product Description

Safety comes first at Next Day Science, and the Purair BIO Biosafety Cabinet is designed to protect individuals, the environment, and products from a variety of biological particulates, serving as the primary barrier in life science and experimentation. 

The Purair BIO is a Class II Type A2 biosafety cabinet and, as such, it minimizes and contains Biosafety Level 1-3 agents, maintaining negative pressure inside the cabinet during operation to prevent contaminants from escaping the work area. A HEPA filtration scours 70 percent of the incoming room air to protect the products in the cabinet, while the remaining 30 percent of exhausted air is filtered by a second HEPA filter. And you can count on Purair BIO cabinets to provide ample work space with environmentally sound operation and low energy consumption.

Product accessories available. See Features and Specifications tab pages for further information.

ISO Class 5 Portable Clean Room Hoods Available Starting at $3,900. (40 in., 48 in., 60 in.)

Features

A.User interface: Ergonomics, safety and aesthetics all come together with the 10 pith of the face.

B.Removable Tray: Raised one-piece work surface lifts and removes for easy surface decontamination.

C.Durable Interior: The Purair BIO utilizes a heavy-gauge, one-piece liner with coved corners for easy cleaning and durability.

D.Standard Control System: Reliable rocker switches and easy-to-read gauge for safety and durability.

E.Double-wall Plenum Design: Double-wall design creates a unique plenum which surrounds contaminated areas with negative pressure, preventing the possibility of contamination from leaks in filter seal, gasket or cabinet structure.

F. Ergonomic Fit: The angled front, narrow-front grille, raised armrest and frameless sash create an ergonomic work environment. Unique front grille designed to provide the maximum product and personnel protection.

G. Clean: Single-piece stainless-steel work tray and front grille, lower drain pan with angled side, and single-piece work zone liner eliminate joints for superior cleanability.

H. Safe: HEPA filters (Class H14) tested to a typical efficiency of >99.99% for 0.3 micron particles.

I. Robust Cabinet Construction: Key components, including fluorescent lamps, motor capacitor, electrical harness, electronic ballast, and switch control are mounted outside the airstream and away from contaminated air to permit service without decontamination.

J. Surround Air Intake Grill: All contaminated air is enclosed in the work area. No safety dead zone.

K. Optional Mounting Stand: Stand height of 26 (660 mm) creates work surface height of 29.4 (746 mm) for seated position. To configure height for standing position, contact Air Science.

OTHER FEATURES:

EN12469 Listed: Certifed for safety and performance. The Purair BIO biological safety cabinet is EN 12469 certified to meet international and industry standards of performance and protection.

Safety Interlock Feature: Activates the fan and fluorescent light in the cabinet automatically when the sash window is opened. The UV light is also automatically switched off during this time. When the window is fully closed, the UV light is switched on and the fluorescent lamp and fan are turned off automatically.

Standards Compliant: The Purair BIO undergoes 10 internal quality tests prior to leaving the factory, including pressure decay testing, downflow velocity testing and HEPA filter leak testing.

Specifications

Purair BIO Model
PB-48-115V
PB-48-230V
PB-48-EN115V
PB-48-EN230V
International Certifications
EN 12469; UL61010-1
EN 12469
Room Height Suggested
98.4" / 250 cm
94.5" / 240 cm
Window Operation Height
8" / 203 mm
8" / 203 mm
Noise (dBA, 1 meter)
< 65
< 65
Fluorescent Lighting Intensity
>1,000 Lux (>100 foot-candles)
>1,000 Lux (>100 foot-candles)
Fluorescent Lamp
(2) 28W / T5
(2) 28W / T5
UV Lamp
(1) FL 30W / 254 nm
(1) FL 30W / 254 nm
Construction
SUS#304; 6 mm tempered window glass
SUS#304; 6 mm tempered window glass
Blower
ECM brushless DC Motor
ECM brushless DC Motor
Electrical
115, 60Hz, 10A OR 230V/50Hz/7A
115, 60Hz, 10A OR 230V/50Hz/7A
Power Consumption
300 (watt) for 115V or 345 (watt) for 230V
300 (watt) for 115V or 345 (watt) for 230V
Electrical Switches
Push Switch; On/Off
Push Switch; On/Off